Looking for a media kit? Here you go!
The Black Pomegranate is a modern-day take on sex, sexual health, sexuality and relationships. Author Ms Pomegranate and Mr BLK, Baltimore’s kinkiest sex columnists, try to take it back to the basics. As experienced bloggers, Ms Pomegranate and Mr BLK give you the low down on the things you were afraid to ask, and then some. Nothing is off limits, and nothing is sacred – this is what we should all know about sex.
We talk the taboos!
Meet Ms Pomegranate
A 41-year-old polyamorous, hetroflexible female with a healthy dose of sarcasm and a wealth of opinion, Ms Pomegranate is active in the Baltimore scene, and works to make sure sex discussions stay open and positive.
Now the nitty, gritty – here’s some of my background (please excuse the lack of direct links, however, I am trying to keep my professional persona separate (though I wish I didn’t have to) – I can provide links upon request) –
– Extensive social media experience working with the Visit Baltimore team as a member of their Buzz Brigade, using social media and blogs to spread the word on how awesome Baltimore is.
-Serving on the board of the Social Media Club for the Baltimore area. In this capacity, I worked with some of the most influential media people in Baltimore and bring social media practitioners together in a productive setting.
– Being the creative force behind 2011’s Blogger Body Calendar – a calendar featuring such names such as The Bloggess and Toy With Me in photos to increase body loving acceptance.
– Ran a boutique communications firm Social Pollen – focusing on Blogger PR, content writing, and social media management.
Press (about me, because I rule);
- Baltimore Business Journal
- Quoted in the Baltimore Sun on life in social media
- Speaking with NPR’s Dan Rodricks about life on twitter
- Served on Lenovo’s social media brand team
- Wrote a successful personal blog, sharing thoughts about life after divorce,
- Written guest pieces for – Lenovo, Social Media Club, a column in Washington Times Communities, among others.
Meet Mr BLK
MrBLK is a blogger, writer, bondage rigger, dominant and certified geek. I’ve been an event promoter, dungeon monitor and founded the B’more Munch, one of the longest running meetups in the Baltimore area. I draw on disparate experiences as a caregiver, martial artist and fitness trainer to craft scenes that are innovative and fun. When not crafting diabolical plans, I relax by reading comics or swinging kettlebells.
The Black Pomegranate
My muse has always been Persephone, and choosing her as part of the branding of this blog was a simple choice. Persephone made the journey to the dark underworld, and flourished, a bit like we all do when we step outside of comfort zone. By eating seeds from the pomegranate, she was sentenced to stay in the underworld. As a dedicated rope bottom for Mr. BLK, coming up with the name The Black Pomegranate was easy. The Black Pomegranate tree is a rare thing, and will always be linked to Persephone – a woman who was seduced to the darker things and found she liked it quite a bit.